Skip to the content
- Will I be retrenched? Am I performing? Do I have a future here?
- What will my superiors / team / clients think of me?
- I can’t let the team down. The project may fail because of me.
- Will I get dementia? Cancer? Stroke?
- What if I get Alzheimer’s and die not recognising my loved ones?
- Do I have enough health coverage?
- How about my parents, my children, my loved ones’ health?
- Will I have enough to retire?
- Are my savings / investment portfolios safe?
- What if I fall for a scam and lose all I have?
- Will I still afford this lifestyle? Will I survive this spiking inflation?
Relationships & People
- How am I going to face him / her again after this?
- What if I don’t get pick for the team?
- Will I ever find a spouse? Will he /she be faithful?
- What if I mess and they will think I’m stupid and weird?
- Will my children turn out ok? Will they be Christian?
- Will the cruise / flight / drive be safe?
- Will my children / campers / recruits be in good hands?
- Will Putin start WW3? Will global warming destroy us?
- Is the place clean & sanitised?
- Will it happen again like the last time?
Christian Life & Ministry
- Will the study tonight go well? Have I prepared enough?
- How will our CG won’t survive this split / 2024 plant?
- Will my friends / colleagues / loved ones ever come to faith?
- Am I really a Christian? Have they really grasped the gospel?
Chat: What are the people around you anxious over?
Think: What makes you anxious? List the common butterflies you have in your stomach.
- Focus & Work harder (“I’ll gonna have to science the shi* out of this”)
- Escape / Distract (Avoid, Netflix, Games, Runner’s high, Alcohol)
- Disrupted Sleep (Can’t fall asleep / return to sleep)
- Compulsive Rituals (Hand washing, Re-checking, Packing, Ordering)
- Panic (Heart palpitation, Hyper-ventilate, Churning stomach, Sweaty palms)
- Camouflaged as Anger & Frustration
Chat: What do you do? How do you typically respond?