- Note: This internal webinar is open only for TCC members who have attended the Webinar 1: Introduction to Depression.
In February, we’ve another opportunity to reflect on D&A safely together as God’s people in light of the gospel.
In our introductory Webinar 1, we touched on the Experience of Depression, the Cause of Depression, and Where Scripture Leads the Depressed. In Webinar 2, Delwyn shared a short devotion from 1 Kings19, and we considered together how it looks like for Christians to live with depression. In Webinar 3: Walking with the Depressed, we will focus on how to love and care for those suffering D&A well. I’ve benefitted a lot from these pre-webinar homework (below). I trust that you will too.
Webinar 3 will be on 21 February at 8pm. The session will be 1 hour long. Most of the time will be spent engaging the homework, and your questions surrounding the topic. So it’s important that you complete your homework beforehand. Submitting your questions during registration will also help us shape the discussion more relevantly for you. You can register here.
- Homework 1: An article by Baddeley on ‘Dos and don’ts when dealing with the downcast.’
- Homework 2: A video interview between Tripp and Powlison on ‘How to care for someone battling D&A’. (second QuickVid)
- Homework 3: A podcast featuring Lowe and Grove on ‘Walking with the Depressed’. (first QuickPod)
- As you read/listen, remember to write down some notes: 1) what you agree/disagree with, found helpful/unhelpful? 2) what further thoughts and questions have they stirred up for you concerning walking with the depressed?
- Excerpt from ‘If You Are Family or Friend’ in Looking Up From The Stubborn Darkness by Ed Welch
- Excerpt from ‘What Has Helped’ in Looking Up From The Stubborn Darkness by Ed Welch
- Excerpt from ‘Antidepressants’ in Looking Up From The Stubborn Darkness by Ed Welch
- ‘Helping Those Who Feel Shame’ by Ed Welch, 2019
- ‘Helping Those Who Feel Guilty’ by Alasdair Grove, 2019