Role of Congregational Deacons
- Support the Congregational pastors in Congregation specific practical & [pastoral] areas?
- Shock Absorber: Acting as a front-liner for urgent practical issues in church (e.g. sudden bereavement, marital conflict); engaging and mobilising church members to meet the practical and pastoral need; connecting needs to appropriate pastoral attention.
- Support to CGLs: Provide guidance and support for CGLs when they need help in dealing with CG specific issues (e.g. conflict, bereavement, chronic sickness, marital issues, mental health-related issues)
- Caring for staff in the congregation?
- ‘Ben just shared with me that he
- Picturing the Heart of Conflict | David Powlison
- Resolving Everyday Conflict | Ken Sande
- The Path of a Peacemaker | Brian Noble
(3) Chronic Sickness & Caregiving
- Visit The Sick: Ministering God’s Grace in Times of Illness | Brian Croft
- Loving Your Friend Through Cancer | Marissa Henley
- Help for the Caregiver: Facing the Challenges with Understanding and Strength | Mike Emlet
(5) ‘Mental Health’
- Depression & Anxiety
- Addiction (porn, online gaming)